Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I thought it was Time For an Update!!

Wow, it has been awhile since I last posted, and SO much has been going on. I had ankle surgery on May 4 an, and, boy, was that ever an ordeal!! The surgery went great, and my ankle is healing beautifully. My back, on the other hand, is n entirely different story!! I woke up in the recovery room screaming in pain - not my ankle but my back. It was not until May 18, when I went to my famiiy doctor, that I actually thought I might live. I have been going to physical therapy, and my back is doing much better. Honestly, I thought I was a goner.

The boys left for Kansas the day school got out and they finally made it back home this past Sunday. The worked hard in Kansas helping Grandpapa clear some land, and then enjoyed the Heydenreich family reunion in Wichita and then the Waites family reunion in Tallaassee, AL. Now, they are home nd are bored. Hello, go jump in the pool in the backyard!!!

Smmer and her friends have stayed busy this summer. They went to Wild Adventures and camped out a couple of nights and saw the Back Street Boys!! She is going to be a senior this year - where has the time gone. Seems like I just brought her home from the hospital.

Since I can't drive right now I have been dependent on other people to take me places. I appreciate all the time they have put into helping me out but I want to DRIVE!! I can't wa;l just yet, but I can DRIVE!!! I do know how to drive with a cast and a boot on my leg!!! My cast is getting changed this coming Monday and they are talking about putting me in a boot but still no weight on the ankle...but then I could drive, maybe!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

The boys are trying to make brownies so I guess I need to go supervise. More later!!


No comments:

Post a Comment